So, let’s talk about price and inflation – the elephant in the room. Surely you’re going to have raise prices?
- Look, we’re not Paul Daniels – we don’t have a magic trick up our sleeves to counter inflation. Costs – Energy, People, Logisitics – are all rising, and they will have an impact.
- However, we also know that those that work hardest, at times of inflation, on keeping costs low, will end up winning.
- We’re well placed to do this at Poundshop.com, now part of the Poundland family. Our customers already know we are, and will continue to be, amazing value on core essentials. But we’re also broadening what we offer to deliver more value on the things that customers buy every week.
- We’ve also started selling our own water filter jugs (called Perfect Drop) – they’re £7 compared to a Brita one for £16 and the cartridges are £2 rather than £5.75 for the brand.
- And above all, we remain absolutely committed to providing amazing value across every customer order with the convenience of delivery to your door.