In order for us to provide you with our website and the services you require, we may need to collect some Personal Information about you.
We want you to use our website and services in the knowledge that any Personal Information you give us in accordance with the law is handled safely and securely. Below, we have broken down the main key information points that should help you to find the information that you are looking for within this document:
- What Personal Information we collect about you when you use our website.
- How we use your Personal Information.
- Who we may share your Personal Information with.
- Any transferring of Personal Information outside of the EEA.
- How long we keep your Personal Information for.
- What we do to protect your Personal Information.
- What choices you have in relation to the Personal Information you provide us with.
The legal requirements within this document are listed as follows:
Personal Information we collect about you
What Personal Information we collect about you
We may collect the following Personal Information about you when you access our website:
- Your name and address.
- Your contact details - including your email address and contact number.
- The products and services that you are interested in.
- Whether you pay by debit/credit card, Paypal or Klarna Pay Later. Please note that no financial details are obtained.
- Your order history.
- Whether you have put items in your basket and not checked out.
- Whether you have entered any of our competitions.
The following information is how we categorise the Personal Information that we collect from you when your access our website:
- Identifiable Information – this is Personal Information that allows us to identify you. This information includes your name, email address and contact number, etc.
- Anonymous Information – this is information that we may collect from you that does not personally identify you, but categorises you into a group or sector (e.g. age, marital status, lifestyle). We can use this ‘anonymous’ information to tailor our products and services more accurately to you when your use our website.
Personal Information that you give us
We may collect Personal Information about you when you:
- Sign up for our daily emails, newsletters and other offers.
- Sign up for a user account on our website.
- Purchase products from us.
- Contact us via email or by telephone for any other reason.
- Enter one of our competitions.
Personal Information we collect about you automatically
When you visit our website or use our services, we may automatically collect certain information from you, such as:
- IP addresses (the name your computer uses to identify itself to us).
- How you found our website.
- Dates and times that you visited our website.
- Which pages you visited and whether you put any items in your basket.
- What products and services interest you.
Personal Information we collect about you from other sources
We work with a number of organisations such as payment processing companies, credit reference agencies, internet search engines, marketing organisations and Cookie providers who may provide us with information about you.
The use of your Personal Information
How we use your Personal Information
When you provide our website with your personal information, through either making an account or making purchases, etc, then we may need to use your information in the following ways:
- To send out our daily email and other marketing information (where you have requested).
- To provide you with the information, products and services that you have asked us for.
- To process your orders.
- To fulfil any contracts that you have entered into with us.
- To analyse and tailor the products that we offer to your needs and interests.
- To comply with our legal obligations or as otherwise required by law or regulation.
- To prevent and detect fraud.
- To tell you about any changes to our services or website.
- To help us develop our website to make it better for you and for our other users.
- Anonymous data may be used in order for us to tailor our products to the likes and dislikes of you and our users.
- To get your feedback on our website and services.
- To administer our website (such as troubleshooting, data analysis and research).
- To keep our website safe and secure.
The legal basis for using your Personal Information
The law only allows us to use your Personal Information in limited circumstances. We have listed these circumstances below:
1. Where you have consented to us using your Personal Information:
When you submit information to us on our website, we will then process that information in order to comply with your request for further information.
2. When we need to execute the duties of the contract that you have entered into with us:
Examples of how we may use your information in order to comply with a contract that you have entered into with us:
- To provide the goods you have requested.
- To administer our website (such as troubleshooting, data analysis and research)
- To tell you about changes to our website or our services.
- To help us (or our software developers) improve our website.
3. Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests:
We may provide you with marketing information about our products and services similar to those that you have purchased or enquired about (unless you request us to stop).
We have put safeguards into place to ensure that your Personal Information is protected and that your fundamental rights and freedoms are not overridden.
4. Where we need to comply with a legal obligation:
We may use your Personal Information to fulfil a legal obligation. This may include keeping your records for tax purposes, etc.
We may provide you with information about our products, services, special offers, and other important news where we feel it may interest you. We may also use your Personal Information for market research and analysis, including profiling, so that we can ensure that we tailor this information to your likes and needs.
Depending on what contact information you have given to us, we may contact you by email or by post. We will only do this where you have consented to receiving such information from us.
You can opt out of our marketing at any time. If you wish to do so, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sharing your Personal Information
Other Third Parties
We may share your Personal Information with certain other third parties, these may include:
- Our business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- Our website providers who need to see your Personal Information in order to keep our website up and running.
- Analytics and search engine providers who analyse information about your use of our website and help us to tailor the products and offers that we offer to you and our other users.
The following organisations have contractual agreements with us:
Legal Requirements and Law Enforcement
We may also need to disclose your Personal Information to other third parties in the event that:
- We sell our business in which case the Personal Information that we hold will be part of the transferred assets.
Third Party Privacy Policies
Our website may contain links to sites owned by other organisations. If you decide to follow a link to another website, then please be aware that these websites will have their own Privacy Policies. We strongly suggest that you read the policies of these websites before giving them your Personal Information. We cannot accept responsibility for the use and retention of your Personal Information on any other website but our own.
Where we store your Personal Information
Storage of your Personal Information
We are committed to ensuring that our suppliers have appropriate technical, administrative and physical procedures in place to ensure that your Personal Information is protected against loss or misuse. All Personal Information you provide to us, or we have collected from you, is stored on our secure servers, or on secure servers operated by a third party located in the EEA.
All third parties, who provide services or software to us, are required to sign a contract stating that they have appropriate technical, administrative and physical procedures in place to ensure that your Personal Information is protected against loss or misuse.
Retention of your Personal Information
We only hold your Personal Information for as long as necessary.
We have a Retention Policy which lays down timescales for the retention of your Personal Information. Customer retention periods can be found below:
If you chose to send us information via email, please be aware that we cannot guarantee the security of this information until it is delivered to us.
Accessing your Personal Information
You have the right to access Personal Information that we hold about you. If you wish to receive a copy of the information that we hold, please contact us at email@example.com or write to us at Online Poundshop Ltd, Unit 8 Parkway, Pacific Ave, Wednesbury, WS10 7WP.
Changing or deleting your Personal Information
You can ask us at any time to change, amend or delete the Personal Information that we hold about you or ask us not to contact you with any further marketing information. You can also ask us to restrict the information that we process about you.
You can request that we change, amend or delete your Personal Information, or our marketing information by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your right to prevent Automated decision making
You have a right to ask us to stop any automated decision making. We do not intentionally carry out such activities, but if you do have any questions or concerns, we would be happy to discuss them with you. You can contact us at email@example.com.
Transferring Personal Information
You have the right to request that your Personal Information is transferred by us to another organisation (this is called “data portability”). Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the details of what you would like us to do and we will try our best to comply with your request. It may not be technically feasible, but we will work with you to try and find a solution.
If you have been through the internal complaints procedure and are still not happy with the result, then you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office. They can be contacted as follows:
Address: Information Commissioners Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
This website is owned and operated by Online Poundshop Limited, Unit 8, Parkway, Pacific Ave, Wednesbury, WS10 7WP .
We are a company registered in England and Wales under the company number 08870575.
We last updated this Privacy Statement on March 31, 2018.
Not found what you are looking for?
Well at Poundshop.com we are here to help. Feel free to contact our customer services team on the following if you have any further queries: T: 0121 647 2569E: email@example.comA:
Online Poundshop Ltd, Unit 8 Parkway, Pacific Ave, Wednesbury, WS10 7WP.